Tuesday, September 4, 2007

FSU v Clemson



Last night was The Bowden Bowl. Where father/son coaches Bobby and Tommy Bowden face off for the first game of the season!! It is one of the most exciting games of the year for me and I was so very much excited!


This weekend while everyone else was BBQing and relaxing, Brian and I were installing new flooring in our bedroom (pictures are to come). We ripped up our carpet and began the tedious task of nailing down hardwood floors. We are so tired and so sore we can barely walk! BUT this whole project was centered around being done by 8:00 p.m., Monday evening to watch Bowden Bowl 2007. We collapsed onto the couch from sheer exhaustion and watched with hopeful hearts...


So.....we lost. Clemson 24, FSU, 18. It was pretty painful, I am not going to lie. FSU always seems to get into gear in the second half. I have seen it time and time again - but at that point it is too little, too late. I really felt like the winds were changing for the Seminoles this year. But the wind went directly out of my sails when I saw Drew Weatherford starting again. I think he is the worst QB I have seen at FSU in my lifetime. I am no expert by any means, but he is a wimp and half the time I am wondering what he was thinking or what imaginary Seminole did he see on that section of the football field? I also believe that we were slighted on the last call of the game. Should they have called it a catch, we would have had 2 more seconds to put the ball into the end zone and we would have been victorious!!


My husband and I watched the entire game and cheered whole-heartedly. Let's just put it out there, I believe in the power of the chop.



I even did the Double Chop (2 handed) and convinced my husband to participate in a new version of the chop I like to call the Matrimonial Chop. I figured if God joined us as husband and wife, surely us holding hands and then chopping together would bring the 'Noles better luck!


Alas, our efforts did not travel through the television airways and into Death Valley (what a silly name for a Stadium in North Carolina?). We have been defeated again....and if we are being honest, this is the 4th Bowden Bowl we have lost in a row. It was a sad day in Tallahassee and for FSU alumnae everywhere.
Stay tuned for next week when we play University of Alabama....I have the faith that the Tallahassee swagger will return once we are on our home turf!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy,

It's Kathy. I have to comment on the FSU/Clemson game. I must say that I am very proud of our tigers! I grew up in Clemson and am pumped about my team. C-L-E-M-S-O-N!!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Death Valley is a sacred place and is not a silly name for a stadium. It is INTIMIDATING!!!!