Sunday, September 2, 2007

Darcy has a home!

I know a lot of you were interested in hearing some follow up on Darcy the stray dog. She finally has a home!

After a lot of tears over what to do with her to ensure that she didn't end without a home or worse, euthanized, the couple that watches our dogs when we go out of town for the weekends decided to keep her. They watched her for us the weekend that I went to Orlando and obviously fell in love with her.

I guess I am okay with this decision. There was a girl that I really was hoping would get her, but since this couple watched her - we felt they should have first choice. Since they watch our dogs, I obviously know that they are nice people and dog lovers.

I am a *little* sad that she isn't staying with us because she was more well behaved than my own dogs, but my husband is 100% right that we cannot have 5 dogs! So all in all I am relieved that she is settled and will hopefully have a happy life!! So please everyone send 'happy new family vibes' to Darcy - Bye Darcy!!

2 comments:

Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

YAY!!!!!!! I know the heartache this has caused you. Glad DARCY is safe and happy!

April Ziegler said...

Aww, I hope Darcy loves her new home. But Stace, you have 4 dogs?!? Your house must be WILD! I wish we could get another but the association where we're moving limits you to 2 pets & we have 2 cats+Chloe so we're already breakin the law =)