Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Seriously Co-Worker? Seriously? Part II

OK. This is going to require just a little bit of back story. If you can call this scintillating subject matter a "story". Actually I just decided to add scintillating to the list of words I don't like so we will use the word riveting instead.

Every now and then one of the bosses in our office goes out and asks his secretary to buy a LOT of candy. As much as I enjoy taking part in the candy eating, I always get upset because I see the writing on the wall....this is going to be a production. They go around taking orders of what everyone wants. And surprise, surprise when the candy gets home from the store and everyone has what they ordered except me. Seriously? Where are my York Peppermint Patties? They always have some strange alternate candy that they thought I would prefer but everyone else gets just what they requested. Whatever, I asked for something for a reason - but no biggie. That is the not the main annoyance with this tale.

So after the candy comes back to the office the second part of the ridiculousness always ensues. A conversation is started about the huge conspiracy the cleaning people have to eat us out of house and home. So they (the other people that annoy me, NOT me, I take NO part) empty the candy into a nondescript cardboard box so that no one will know what is in there and hide in on the shelf full of office supplies. Then they put just a sample of the candy into a tin so that if there are any looters, they can't get the entire cache. Seriously? Is it that big of a deal?

So, believe it or not, we are still not up to the most ridiculous part. So they come into work and find :::gasp::: Snickers wrappers in the trash. Let the inquisition begin!!! They interviewed everyone in the office trying to see who ate the Snickers. They are really gunning to blame the cleaning people. Seriously? Then at the end of the day when they decided that it was none of us who ate the snickers, they...I kid you not....took an inventory of the candy!!! They counted out x Hershey Kisses, x imitation York Peppermint Patties, x Snickers, X Milky Ways, and so on and so forth. Seriously Co-Workers?!?!? Is the candy (that you didn't even pay for) that important to you? Is it that upsetting that the cleaning staff (that you do not pay for either since it is part of our rent) had a few Snickers? Seriously?????

It is just appalling the amount of time these people have to talk about this stuff! I am NOT exaggerating when I tell you this whole ordeal took up about 2 hours of my day. Now granted, I am just hiding in my office, but it is a small office and I am forced to listen to all of this. WHO in the world has time to take an inventory of office candy?? I can't wait for when they come in today to tally it all up and see if there is someone infiltrating the office! It's probably a big enough deal to call the police (I swear if they mention this, which is not a stretch for them, I will be forced to quit).

Oh and again today with the coffee pot!! Seriously? I had a small electrical fire and a flood last night and my eyes are puffy. You are going to really mess with me and my coffee? AND my candy? It is just wrong!

3 comments:

Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

Are you kidding me? How petty!

Stacy said...

Is it not just the silliest thing ever?

Ashley said...

THAT is hillarious! X snickers X Kisses!

Do they not realize they are insane?