Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Clean!

I have been in such a lazy, no good, sour-puss mood lately and as a result, my kitchen area has been despicable! Everyday I would just blow through it when I came home and go to the living room where it was less dire. It was not "company ready" to say the least. Well God bless my friend Ashley because she called, we talked for at least 30 minutes if not more, and before I knew it - the kitchen was clean [insert the sweet sound of angels singing]!!! As we chatted I would absentmindedly pick up a new item and put it away (what a concept: putting things AWAY - Brian!). I swept, emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, comet-ed the sink, cleaned the refrigerator door, dusted a lighting fixture, cleaned fingerprints off the cabinets...and voila!

Ashley if you are reading, it must be something about you that makes me want to be productive. Because if I was on the phone with lazy Kelli I would be lazy too and sit on the couch (no offense Kel, but you know it's true because you used to file your important documents under your pillow at the KD house so that you didn't have to move ;).

So THANK YOU!!! My kitchen thanks you! And probably the health department, section 8, or whoever condemns houses thanks you too! If you could call back tomorrow for the laundry room that would be ideal ;)

5 comments:

mike said...

"Lazy Kelli" and I are actually on the phone right now going over this blog. I'm rolling! So you have to tell me about how Kelli and another girl, whose name I've forgotten, spent an entire semester in bed. Can't wait to read about that!

Stacy said...

It was Kerry - they seriously did! You would be like "Hey Kelli, where's your spanish book" and she would rustle around in her sheets and produce whatever you were looking for. This was not limited to school books...her hair brush, some food - whatever. They had seriously soiled sheets...they were beige but really they were yellow.

Ashley said...

This is hysterical! I was doing the exact.same.thing! Too funny! Happy to help!

Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

So what were you doing when we chatted all night the other day? Do I promote being productive?

Stacy said...

No, sorry Chrissy - I was laying in my lounge chair outside enjoying the day - so maybe instead of laziness you promote relaxation :)