Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Found a Pup!!


So we found two stray dogs in our office building parking lot today -- SO SAD! They had been clearly attacked (multiple gashes) and have not eaten for SOME time! You cannot really tell from this picture, but Darcy (yes, I already named her) is very malnurished and is nothing but skin and bones.

We spotted the pups from the window and I flew down 4 flights of stairs so quickly it is amazing that I am alive. They were already headed towards the main road when I got there. Luckily they were friendly and came right away. By this time, my co-worker got down there. We just sat there with the dogs for 20 minutes in the rain not sure what to do. You would be amazed at how many people were just like "Oh you found a dog?" and just kept walking into the building. It really ticked me off.

Well after much discussion, my co-worker told me that she would take one if I would take the other. I didn't know what to do - the thought of the pound made me tear up on the spot. So.....yes, Darcy is in my garage as we speak. I would love to be a foster mom to this pup, but I just cannot. I have 4 dogs already and I am pretty sure I need a kennel license to have a 5th - which is absurd.

My husband is being pretty understanding about this issue which is great! This is not the first time I have picked up a stray and brought it home. Darcy is the second one that has made it back to the house (anyone remember Peaches?). Usually I just find them and deliver them to their homes quickly. But with no tags....she is homeless. My husband informed me that I am not to, under any circumstances, invest money into Darcy. His specific requests were no new collars :( and no toe nail painting (which is very upsetting).

She was so thankful for food and water and is really one of the most gentle and sweet natured dogs I have ever met (being that she is in a strange place, etc.). I am praying I find a home for her quickly!! I am hoping my parents will want her, but it is not looking likely.

If anyone in the Michigan area needs a pup and is reading this right now - let me know! How could you not love Darcy?!?!? She is an itty bitty bundle o' joy! Please everyone send me prayers and vibes that I find Darcy a good home.



8 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG!!! She is sooo cute! I wish I was back in Michigan I would take her.

I will send out an email to some of my friends :)

Stacy said...

Thank YOU Sarah! I appreciate it!

Courtney said...

Wow, what a cutie! She seems really sweet.
I agree with Sarah, send an email to everyone you know and ask them to forward it. Darcy will have a home in no time!

Just Another Small Town Girl said...

She is freaking ADORABLE!!! I so hope she can find a home soon. Any luck with the local rescues?

Stacy said...

Not yet Brandi, haven't tried yet. I am hoping Brian bonds with her today ;)

RACHEL said...

God bless you for taking this cute little girl in! I hope you're able to find her a good, loving home!

a real librarian said...

Aww, what a sweet baby!!! I hope you can find her a good home!!

Beach Bum Marcie said...

Look at that muffin and DARCY is sooo close to MARCIE :)... she is UBER cute!!