Friday, August 17, 2007

Melissa's Wedding Part I

I have been a busy bee in the wedding department lately. I guess we are at that age where your wedding dance cards start booking up! Brian and I had our best man's wedding in April in Ft. Myers, Florida; our fantabulous wedding in May (also in Florida); my dear friend Tim's wedding in Houston in July; June we had off; and now I am back to Orldando, Florida next weekend for my bridesmaid, Melissa's wedding. Keeping in mind that we live in Michigan and have to travel to see anyone, I can't really seem to get ahead with the credit card debt, but that is life :) Luckily I am wedding free until THE most exciting wedding ever in November that I will wait to talk about for another time because there is MUCH to discuss (the fab guestlist, the bride that I didn't know a year ago, but now count as one of my closest friends, the wardrobe - and oh yes - the choos...I mean shoes...I don't think I can afford new choos :( So I will hold onto that one for a while).

Melissa and I have been friends since I was 16 years old and got my very first job at the local fake and bake. We worked at 2 different tanning salons together, went to the same college (Go Noles!), joined the same sorority (KD), and then got married just a few months apart. I finally beat her in the marriage department. Since she is a year older than me she got to do all the fun things first. So I finally got to do something in our lives first :) She met Eric roughly one year ago and they are getting married at the beautiful Rollins Chapel in Orlando.


Yes, my head is very large, but in all fairness,
she has the smallest head I have ever seen...so BACK OFF!


At first I wasn't super excited about going away again because I am a homegirl at heart ;) But this trip is really shaping up. First of all, I got a good airfare. About $200.00 plus tax, which is as good as it gets. THEN I maniuplated, I mean convinced my parents that they should go to their Orlando timeshare that weekend (no hotel fee for me!). And then another bridesmaid of mine, Kerry, might come visit me from Tampa which is about an hour or so drive on Sunday! If this happens, the weekend will be perfect! I will get to see 3 sets of loved ones in one weekend! Melissa and some older Kappa Deltas that I haven't seen for some time, my parents, and my best friend, Kerry! I have a feeling Ker isn't going to make it but I hope she does!

OH, I should have mentioned that Brian can't come :( He can't take off work right now and since we have 4 (yes, we are crazy) dogs, he is going to stay home and watch them. So Mom gets to be my date! For us to be out and about without my Dad is quite the treat!! We are going to paint the town RED...well maybe not red, we are not that crazy, but probably a medium shade of ORANGE will work for us :) And since we are talking about that general color scheme/tone...let's move on to my wardrobe. I am SICK of the little black dress. I am a woman of color by nature, so I feel repressed in black dresses (unless I can spice it up with my ruby red choos and a clutch like this).

But I just wore the above ensemble to Tim's wedding so I am thinking of wearing this dress from Banana Republic, which is now on sale for $79.00 (that always ticks me off because I bought it full price, but haven't worn it yet, so I could have just left it in the store until now):





With these shoes, from BCBG Maxazria (Mirna Slingbacks that come in a gold, bone and black color, very comfy):


They are MUCH more muted in person. So...what do you think? Is this wedding appropriate. Let me know if you don't think so because I still have 1 week to shop! O-Town here I come!

(Stay tuned for Mellisa's Wedding - Part Deux.)

2 comments:

shelby said...

I love those BCBG shoes! So cute!

Ashley said...

A) I ADORE those shoes!

B) I GET MY OWN BLOG ENTRY? WOOOHOOOOO!!!

C) I'm so happy you are excited about Orlando! :) :)