Friday, January 11, 2008

Ready for Summer?

One would think that it is very strange that I recently purchased myself a new pair of sandals for summer, but in this mess of a season they call Winter here in Michigan, it is what gets me through. That little light at the end of this grey and gloomy tunnel.


I have a pair of gold banana republic flat thong sandals that have lasted me years. For whatever reason, they are some of the only open flats that I will wear. Actually, scratch that. I know the reason. It is because they have the most subtle rise in the back (wedge-like, but not that high to actually be considered a heel). I can't stand to be perfectly flat.
This past season, they were finally to the point of embarassment. There are teensy rips in the "leather" and the gold has definitely lost its luster.

I haven't thrown them out. Can't do it and will probably still wear them, but I was on the look outr for a suitable replacement for some time and after at least 2 summers of looking, I finally found these:

Mine are actually a lighter tan, and not this dark brown color which lends itself to things I would typically wear with gold a bit better than the ones shown do and then there is the gold ring detail in the center.
I don't think I love them as much as the old faithful BR floppers, but I think they will do almost as nicely!
I can't wait to get a pedicure and be out and about in shorts and a cute top soaking up what Michigan also amusingly calls Summer sun.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

Ay! Just the other day, I discovered a teensy rip in the leather of a great pair of Prada heels that I've had for about 12 years. :-(