Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Mini" Vent




Dear Ms. Malandrino, Mr. Jacobs, BCBG, Ms. Lepore, Milly, Ms. von Furstenberg, Mr, Meister, Ms. Miller, Shoshanna, and any other fashion house designer out there:

I understand that the "mini dress" is in.

I further understand that the hemline seemingly rises and falls with the state of the economy, hence the mini (However if we keep heading in this direction, I fear for next season).

But YOU need to understand that the mini is not appropriate for all situations. There are many exceptions to this where one cannot take the liberty of being "in."

For example, one cannot wear your "oh so chic" mini into a church for a wedding. So should you just cast aside all church/wedding goers? I don't think you should as I assume that such events contribute greatly to your sales. You cannot cast aside this sect of your faithful followers.

What is one in this situation to do? Unfortunately I am not willing rank fashion above religion and I assume I am not the only one. I do not want to pull a Britney and have anyone see my "bits and pieces," nor am I interested in looking like a 17 year old.

In short, please address this problem in a timely manner or else by the time I am ready to make my purchases for the Spring/Summer wedding season, I will be forced to head over to Nordstrom and give my hard earned pennies to Ms. Maggie London. Trust me, I do NOT want this to happen even more than you do, but alas, you leave me little choice.

Your Friend,

Stacy

No comments: