Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Goods!

Whatdya get??

I had a wonderful Christmas this year! As I get older, Christmases should get more dull, but this year, whether it was the mood I am in or the amount of shopping I did, everything just seems more fabulous than ever!!

For whatever reason, Christmas in my household was a lot less stressed this year, which was key to my overall wonderful mood.


My parents got me my wonderful new BlackBerry Curve which is quickly changing my life! No longer am I chained to my computer desk wondering if my friends wrote me back yet. I can check my 2 email accounts from this puppy and it brings up the Neiman Marcus website beautifully!! It also does great with downloading and sending photo attachments.

Also, the game Brick Breaker on here is absolutely addicting and may cause the demise of my marriage!! I have gotten in trouble countless times already for not paying attention to what my husband is saying because I am too busy trying to beat my high score on this game!

Even though we are all adults now, my mother makes us all open Christmas Eve presents which always have our Christmas pajamas in there. That way when we wake up, we don't have to change for opening presents and if any pictures are taken, we are all looking somewhat put together. I think this is the smartest idea ever by my mother! That way when we were young, she had 3 cute kids in her Christmas morning pictures as opposed to 3 disheveled messes! In with my Christmas Eve gift this year were these furry friends!




They are so unbelievably cozy! This is my second pair of Ugg slippers ever and both get 4 stars from me! During the winter months, these help keep me warm especially since we switched to hard wood floors in our frigid house!!


My brother got me a wonderful gift basket from Bath and Body Works all scented in Eucalyptus Spearmint. It doesn't sound that great, but it smells fantastic! This isn't the exact basket, but it is very similar and includes a pillow mist to de-stress you! Can't wait to test that out!

Unfortunately all our loot is being shipped to us by my mother since we couldn't fit it all in our bags, so I will have to wait a bit to get to sample this, but I think this will be my new favorite scent!

I got a slew of other items, but I don't have pictures of everything. A few other items given to me by my parents are:


This top from Banana Republic in both black and red.


These cami's from BR in red, green, black and cream. They are really wonderful to layer under those work INappropriate shirts that dip down too low. Just throw this on underneath and you are doubling your wardrobe into work AND evening wear (depending on the top). It is hard to see the lace detail in this photo because of the black color, but it is really nice and dresses things up just a bit.




This top, but it comes in a vibrant peacock blue that is not to be found on their website for some reason.



This BCBC in this super fun color.



A BCBG item that is very similar to this shirt, only with a few more interesting details, like a tie around the back and then the collar is a bit different.


A refill on my wedding day scent by Bill Blass which, if you remember, was included on my "All I Want for Christmas" list.



And some always appreciated make up from my favorite counter, Laura Mercier, including some other goodies/refills on my current makeup choices that are not pictured. I have to say that this color palette is VERY practical with all the neutral colors and I have already gotten a ton of use out of it.


As far as what my husband got me, that will be a secret for now because it is too fabulous to lump together with all of this stuff! It was a Birthday AND Christmas present combined and you know that whenever that happens, it means that it is good!

As far as how the others made out.....

My husband got lots and lots of clothes and lots and lots of FSU paraphernalia, a PSP which now needs to be surgically removed from his hands, new UGG work boots, a fancy Brookstone alarm clock and "stuff" (because I don't actually know what it is) for his aquarium, and Maui Jim sunglasses which I am pretty proud of myself for picking out ones that he actually likes. I am definitely forgetting some stuff here.

My parents got lots of "parent" type items that they really seemed to enjoy but that isn't interesting enough to tell you about here. One of the items I was particularly happy to give them and even happier to see how happy it made them to receive it was a copy of our wedding photo album which I did through My Publisher. They had been asking for one for months and I didn't want to ruin the surprise so I had been blowing them off about it forever.

My 18 year old nieces got clothes from Abercrombie which is their favorite. My 2 year old nephew got toys, upon toys, upon toys. I learned this Christmas that there is really no point in spoiling a child that young. He had so many toys that he lost interest in opening presents!! But I have some great pictures that I will share with you in another post. I wanted to keep this one more shopping oriented. And for my brother, I put together a My Publisher album for him of his children. He is not organized whatsoever so they don't have albums and stuff like that, more like pictures shoved into boxes, so this was a wonderful surprise for them and they really seemed to appreciate it! For people that have never seen MP albums before, they really WOW people! It was touching to watch them looking at the pictures as if they had never seen them before, etc.

That is all I have for now!! I think I semi-made up for my shoddy efforts as of late with this one. Let's see how long it lasts ;)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a fabulous Christmas / birthday! Now spill... I want to know what Brian gave you! :)

Anonymous said...

WHats your high score in brick breaker?

April Ziegler said...

You're a lucky girl! When do we get to see that new lens in action? =)