Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Eye Candy and a Thank You!

Let me preface this post by making it clear that I am not a psycho fan. I have never had the crazy Brad Pitt crush and the like. However, there are two people that I find pretty darn exquisite in this world and I do get "little girl like" over. They are:



Days of Our Lives soap star James Scott (AKA "EJ Wells").


AND

Passions soap star Eric Martsolf (AKA "Ethan" of the Ethan and Teresa phenomenon referred to as "ET").



[Note that the backgrounds in both pictures are the same so that means there was a whole lotta hottness on set that day!]






Anyway, this post is more about the amazingness of people and womankind!

I was chatting with Sarah, who I have never met but have been lucky enough to get to know through the wonder that is The Knot and through our wedding planning adventures, quite awhile back and somehow we got on the topic of Passions. I think it all stemmed from our mutual affection for Days of Our Lives if I am not mistaken, and it snowballed from there.

Sarah's husband is in the Broadway show, Jersey Boys, and she is one lucky duck of a wife who gets to travel around the U.S.A., with her hubby supporting him and watching his shows. Doesn't that sound like the life? Anyway, she mentioned that she has seen Eric Martsolf backstage at the show! Seriously? If only you could have seen me! I was ready to book a flight out to California to see her (and Eric :::sigh:::) that instant! I was pretty sure Sarah would let me ride her coattails back stage and gawk :) And seriously? Who wouldn't gawk at this?



[Note: He Eric/Ethan is married, and no I don't have any fatal attraction like tendencies or unrealistic expectations. I really just wanted to meet him in a non-psycho manner. period.]


Getting back to my desire to head to west...you can only imagine my husband's face when I told him I wanted to go to California to visit a girl that I really like even though I have never met...but in addition to her coolness, I really want to meet a soap star that spends most of his days shirtless. It did NOT go well. He told me I can get together with Sarah when/if she ever moves back to Michigan and until then, no hunks for me. BOO! I think it always shocked my husband when we play "who is your celebrity freebie" that mine wasn't some blockbuster name. It almost has the same effect as saying "so and so from my office."

Fast forward I would guess two months? Whatever the time frame was, enough time had passed for me to forget the association between Sarah, her husband, Jersey Boys and Eric/Ethan and the conversation alltogether. Sarah and her husband had even moved onto another tour location so it was far out of my mind.

So, last week I get a mysterious package in the mail with no return address (drats!). Imagine my surprise when I open it up and find a personalized and signed 8x10 of Eric/Ethan?! I was like, "Where in the world did this come from?" My husband's interest was quite piqued and he was fairly worried that I was teeny bopper enough to join his fan club.

Suddenly it hit me that it was probably Sarah! I emailed her and sure enough she went out of her way to get me an autograph! Apparently she covertly got my address from a friend (sneaky sneaky), and then she or her husband emailed him (to his personal email - gasp!) and gave him my address asking for the favor. How nice is that - coming from someone that doesn't even know me in real life?! It was completely unexpected and even more appreciated! THANK YOU SARAH! I would love to return the favor to you one day, but I don't roll with high falooting celebs like you do ;)

I love out of the blue surprises and this was definitely one of them! I have never had an autograph from any celebrity before so this is my first official one and even better yet, it is actually to me and not just a generic one that is pre-signed.

Now back to the pseudo psycho in me....I was DISCUSSED with Eric/Ethan! For the 2 minutes it took him to autograph that photo, lick the envelope shut, and address said envelope (the writing was the same - I checked), Stacy MyLastName (how specific!) was on Eric/Ethan's mind!! Is that not the craziest thing you have ever heard of?


I just requested to be his friend on MySpace where I plan on thanking him for the mailing...what *IF* he comments back? We are officially on comment watch people! Get ready!

Here is a picture of my autographed picture:



And a close up of the writing :)

I haven't decided where this picture should go as it definitely needs to hold a place of honor! I thought I was going to put in my office at work, but then if I ever want to go to lunch one day and never come back (a girl can dream) then I can't. So I think it is going to get framed and go above my computer at home where I spend way too much time.
So as you can see, that was a whole lotta excitement in my mailbox for one day! ;)

Also, it might bring up a topic for another time: Soap stars....in all their beauty, why are they wasted on the small screen? I just don't get it.


THANK YOU SARAH!!




4 comments:

Sarah said...

Your welcome!!!! I just found out that another girl whose husband is in the cast is friends with him too!!! I was trying to convince her to have him call you...

now that would be fun times!

Sarah Gemba said...

Sarah is SUCH a sweetie to do that for you!

Christy said...

Awww how nice of her to do for you!
Sarah rocks!

Anonymous said...

omg that is sooo frekkin true! i love that ej wells guy he is f'in hot! its not even funny, he's like melt in your mouth material, serious, i don't even think brad pitt compares...i would so love to be on days of our lives as his love interest *sigh*