Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ashley's Wedding Day Countdown!

26 days from now my dear friend Ashley will be marrying her fiancee, Joey, in the Bahamas! This days seems like it has been so long coming as Ashley is the last of a string of weddings we have had lately, including my own in May. I am really looking forward to the vacation along with some very much needed girl time since my husband can't make it. I cannot wait to tell you all about it in just 26 days!

Ashley will be a vision in white as will all of her guests! Yep, you heard me right! It is a white out wedding! All of the guests have been asked to wear shades of white and khaki. I think this is a great idea to sort of unify all of the guests and make everyone there a part of their ceremony in essence. Equally as important, imagine the pictures! They are going to be to die for!

When I started out planning my suitcase for this wedding weekend I thought, piece of cake right? Just throw on a white dress and be done with it. NO! WRONG! First of all, finding a white dress in Michigan at the end of summer beginning of fall was downright impossible. I thought it would be all the more reason for me to find a "steal of a deal" but alas, I was sadly mistaken.

As of today, I bought 5 dresses!! Living in the sticks is annoying because I had to ship back 4 of them :) and we know how much I hate paying for shipping, it is a pet peev of mine! But I am happy to announce that I finally have the jewels, the stems, the bag (almost) all nailed down! And since there will be many girls wearing white dresses and the risk of wearing the same thing is high, I shall put it all out there so we can all compare :)

Here are some pictures of my outfit. My shoes photograph a bit gold, but I think they are a bit silvery in person so just keep that in mind.
I am not sure which bag I am going with yet, that is the only thing to be determined. Sorry for the shoddy photo quality, blogger is acting up a bit.






3 comments:

RACHEL said...

Love it! And we don't have the same dress! Whew! :)

I did the same thing you did...bought a whole collection of white dresses and accoutrements and then shipped them all back. But, the dress I finally landed on (from amazon.com no less....who buys clothes from amazon?) is perfectly white-wedding appropriate.

We are going to look HOT!

Ashley said...

You are BOTH going to be SMOKING HOT!!! I cannot WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!

Beach Bum Marcie said...

We are going to be SO cute!! :) I can't wait to MEET YOU!!