Monday, October 29, 2007

Seriously, Co-Worker....Seriously?


In honor of Halloween:


So it has been a while since I last complained about my co-workers. For the most part, they have been well behaved and have done nothing that I could legitimately complain about without sounding like a bitter wench. But Friday afternoon they seriously had me scratching my head.


For the sake of the story, a la Dr. Christina Yang (Grey's Anatomy), we will label the parties as co-worker One and Two.


Three of us were in the very back of the office complaining about one of the bosses' wives when One says, "Shhhh! I hear something. " My ears perk up and I strain to listen but alas, I hear nothing. She runs to the front of the office to make sure no one walked in to hear our tiraid. One comes back and reports to me and Two that there was no one there. She says she swears she heard a man's voice. Whatever, we all think we hear things sometimes -- people are walking by the office door, we have thin walls, etc. So, fine. But then Two gets all excited and says, "Really? A man's voice? Like a really old man's voice?" One nods excitedly in agreement. I am slowly backing out of the conversation because A) It was no longer interesting me anymore and B) My boss wasn't in so I wanted to get back to my online distractions.


Two goes on to mention that she thinks our office has a ghost in the form of an old man....Seriously? I am listening at my desk and waiting for her to say, "just kidding" or "just joshing ya" but instead I hear One enthusiastically agreeing with her....Seriously?


To say that the ghost talk goes on for an unacceptable length of time is an understatement. I am just floored. Then they go on to compare just how old the voice each of them heard in fact was. So to compare, they start throwing out client's names. Not as old as Joe Schmo, but older than John Doe...that sort of thing. Then they both agree that is sounds just like Mr. X, and that they should go home straight after work and pray for said Mr. X because he is obviously trying to send them a message that he needs their prayers and vibes....SERIOUSLY?!


At this point I am just shaking my head. WHERE do we find these people? At 5:00 I still hear them chatting about "the ghost." I jokingly tell them that their homework assignment for the weekend is to name our ghost. By Monday they had (seriously) agreed on Edgar. SERIOUSLY? I was joking!


Today, Monday, One is now telling Two that many people can't have cats like she does because they are not comfortable with the presence of the undead and how cats can sense these things unlike dogs. Instead of politely ignoring this nonsense, Two is in FULL agreement. Then they continue to compare stories about ghosts in the office and ghosts in their home.


I just want to point out that they are 10000% serious and are in no way joking or making fun or talking just for the fun of speculation. SERIOUSLY!


I NEED TO GO TRICK OR TREATING FOR A NEW JOB!

1 comment:

mike said...

There's nothing quite like an installment of Seriously, Co-worker!!! Never fails to brighten my day.